Useful Visitor Information
Why Visit Slovenia?
Almost everyone speaks English. And if they don't, they'll help you find someone who does.
Easyjet, Ryanair, Germanwings, Adria and Air France will all take you there.
Hot in the Summer, snowy in Winter, gorgeous all year round.
We've done our best to include as much useful information here as possible but if there's anything we've missed or if you have any questions at all, please do get in touch.
Travel Information - for information on: getting to Slovenia; getting around once you're there; food; weather and language.
Top 5 day trips - we pick the best of the bunch.
Common misconceptions - some hard-to-believe notions people have had about Slovenia.
Some good information is also available here on wikivoyage.
Low-cost carrier options; here are some of the routes that will get you to Slovenia;
- London (Stansted) -> Ljubljana with Easyjet
- London (Gatwick) -> Ljubljana with Easyjet
- London (Luton) -> Ljubljana with Wizzair
- London (Heathrow) -> Venice with Eurowings
- London (Stansted) -> Trieste with Ryanair
- Bristol & Dublin -> Venice with Ryanair
- Many UK Regional -> Venice with Jet2
- Edinburgh -> Zagreb with Eurowings
- London (Stansted) & Dublin -> Salzburg with Ryanair
Or why not travel by train?
There are through services from Munich to Ljubljana (get off at Lesce-Bled for us), affordable, comfortable and through some great scenery. German Railways have a comprehensive site for checking routes, times & prices.